The Chapel was built on the site of the former wooden church which was demolished after becoming unsafe. Plans and specifications were drawn up by Mr W Cardew and permission was granted in June 1904.
Work began after acceptance of a tender for £230 from Mr W J Northmore.
The East Window is thought to be part of the original church and may date from the 1820's. Its centre piece puts the Christian symbol of the descending dove front and central for the panel viewer. The surrounding circle may represent eternal life and the four interlocking circles , the quatrefoil symbolises the four apostles.
This poignant plaque commemorates the sad loss of two Millbrook brothers, Edward and Henry Blackney. They were aboard different ships, the Bellona and the Arethusa, that were both wrecked during a hurricane in the Indian Ocean in 1862.
The plaque hangs inside on the west wall.
The Earl of Mount Edgcumbe laid the foundation stone on 10th August 1904 at a service conducted by the vicar. Under the stone is a glass recepticle containing a newspaper of the day and a copy of the service.
The old graveyard next to the Chapel is maintained by Cornwall Council and the Friends of Millbrook Graveyard. It has considerable wildlife interest with many huge anthills built by the Yellow Meadow Ant. In the spring it is a carpet of primroses and later in the year the ox-eye daisies look wonderful..
The graveyard is registered with the War Graves Commission and contains graves of servicemen from both the first and second World Wars. There are also some private war graves, with commemoration stones erected by relatives of those who died.